Choosing a thoughtful gift can be challenging, particularly with supply chain issues looming over this year’s holiday shopping season. For a present that offers a refreshing change of pace, give a gift that supports our local chefs and bartenders.
Discover The Block’s best tips for a thoughtful present for your clients, colleagues, friends, and loved ones.
3 Ways to Pick the Perfect Holiday Gift for the Foodie in Your Life
#1: Shop local and skip the shipping hassle.
This year, shopping local is the perfect way to support your community during the holiday season. The events of the last couple of years have hit many local businesses hard, particularly bars and restaurants. By opting for gifts from companies in your backyard, you can help your local favorites recover from the pandemic.
Another big plus to shopping local this year? Supply chain issues are expected to make Christmas shopping extra challenging this year. By supporting companies in your neighborhood, you can avoid shipping headaches.
Saint Nick Approved Presents from Local Favorites:
Here are three local gift ideas to put under the tree this year. (Or in the freezer!)
- A custom trial-sized six-pack of Burly Beverages' famous syrups, perfect for DIY sodas and cocktails.
- A bottle of their favorite liquor from local favorite Dry Diggings Distillery.
- Customized ice for their favorite drink of choice from The Block.
#2: A touch of luxury makes your gift extra memorable.
The gift of a memorable meal together is a wonderful Christmas present. The best way to help this special holiday gift stand out from your regular date nights or brunch outings is to invest in unforgettable quality.
Fortunately, our local area is home to excellent restaurants that have been recognized by the famous MICHELIN guide. The perfect way to help your gift stand out is to invest in a high-quality dining experience from one of these renowned local eateries.
Festive Gifts They’ll Remember for Years:
Treat them to a fine dining experience with one of these Northern California favorites.
- Dine at SingleThread in Healdsburg for an unforgettable experience. The restaurant has won three MICHELIN stars, the most prestigious rating.
- Gift them a meal at The Kitchen in Sacramento. This unique dining experience earned a MICHELIN star.
- Enjoy dinner at The Grange, which earned a MICHELIN Plate.
- Treat them to quality food and a cozy vibe at Ella, which earned a MICHELIN plate.
- Enjoy Californian cuisine at Beast + Bounty, which has a MICHELIN plate.
- Localis won the MICHELIN Plate for their five-course tasting menu that changes seasonally.
#3: Make memories together by giving an experience.
A 2019 Eventbrite survey revealed that 63% of U.S. adults would rather receive an experience as a present as opposed to a material gift. The perfect gift might not be something you wrap at all, but something you do together.
Holly Jolly Holiday Experiences that Make Perfect Presents:
From golfing to a weekend getaway, give them the gift of something you can do together!
- Go golfing at The Club at ArrowCreek.
- Enjoy an afternoon mini-golfing at the Flat Stick Pub.
- Sip whiskey with a tasting at the Napa Valley Distillery.
- Stay at the Archer Hotel or Carneros Resort for a wine-tasting weekend in Napa.
What’s your best holiday shopping tip? Share with us on social media!